One of the things that is very important in a garden is canopy management. There are so many ways to grow cannabis but in the US in legal medical gardens we have number restrictions. This means we have to learn to get the same yields to supply our meds from less plants. We accomplish this by employing several methods that I will cover here today. Once we have our plants topped properly with multi heads and our girls grow up a bit we should have 18-24” plants with at least 3 heads or more. Cleaning off all lower growth and using as clones is how we do it. The light can't penetrate this far under the canopy anyway.

I take a small drill and some twine. Drilling a hole in the rim of the pot under each branch I carefully secure the twine and gently spread open each plant. Be careful not to split the main stem and if you do so you can bind it with wire ties. It doesn't seem to hurt things even if you do. Each plant is now much wider and takes up a lot more room but all lower buds are exposed and we have reduced the total height of the canopy.