Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      Lazy Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

User Info Menu

Post Complete Advanced 2+ Feed Guides:

Here is a feed guide that I have been working on for the last week or so. I know that some people have trouble following the Advanced Nutrients charts illustrated in their catalougue as the EC/PPM ratings always end up coming out higher than stated, due to the fact that water supplies have already got a certain amount of dissolved solids in them before you even add any nutrients, and the charts done by Advanced have been done with 0PPM reverse osmosis water, which doesnt contain any elements whatsoever.

You ideally need an EC/PPM meter of some kind to follow these charts, as they are set out as EC readings, but for those that do not have an EC pen I have worked out based on 0.1EC/50ppm water all the measurements in mls per litre corresponding to the EC/ppm they give you. Obviously if your water is higher than 0.1EC/50ppm (which it probably is) you will have to add the extra onto your final reading.

The guide I would suggest for most people would be the medium as it will pretty much suit any system or plant.

You can also use these charts with an EC pen for other Nutrient brands eg Canna A+B and PK 13/14, simply make up the base feeds (A+B) to the stated EC rating, then add PK 13/14 to top off to the target EC dosage. The Canna ( Or whatever) A+B is the equivelent the Sensi A+B, and the PK 13/14 is the equivelent ( But by no means as good as) of the Big Bud.

EC ratings for Sensi grow & Sensi Bloom A+B (Based on 1Litre of 0.1EC/50ppm water):

0.5-0.6mls/Litre=0.4-0.6EC
      0.8mls/Littre=0.6-0.7EC
      1mls/Litre=0.8EC
      1.5mls/Litre=1.1EC
      2.0mls/litre=1.4EC
      2.5mls/Litre=1.7EC
      3.0mls/Litre=2.0EC

EC ratings for Big Bud (Based on 1Litre of 0.1EC/50ppm water):

1.0mls/Litre=0.3EC/150ppm
      2.0mls/Litre=0.4EC/200ppm
      3.0mls/Litre=0.5EC/250ppm
      4.0mls/Litre=0.6EC/300ppm
      5.0mls/Litre=0.7EC/350ppm

EC ratings for Overdrive (Based on 1Litre of 0.1EC/50ppm water):

0.5mls/Litre=0.2EC/100ppm
      1.0mls/Litre=0.3EC/150ppm
      1.5mls/Litre=0.4EC/200ppm
      2.0mls/Litre=0.5EC/250ppm
      2.5mls/Litre=0.6EC/300ppm
      3.0mls/Litre=0.7EC/350ppm

Light Feeding 1.4EC peak:-

Start clones on 0.4-0.6 EC
      Vegetive feeding 0.6-1.2 EC
      Flower 1.2-1.8 EC
      Hydroponic Ph 5.5-6.2 (Set at 5.5 then allow it to rise upto 6.2, before setting back to 5.5)
      Soil PH 6.3-6.5

Flowering formula for 8 weeks using Sensi bloom A+B, Big bud and Overdrive.
      Every water change flush pots thouroughly with fresh ph'ed water.
      Notes: Throughout the bloom period from weeks 1-8, if you have some or all of the additives in the range use them as follows. I have kept the dosages the same throughout the bloom period for these additives purely to keep it simple for the end user.

Sensi Zym:-5mls/1L
      Carbo Load:-1mls/1L
      Barricade:-1mls/10L
      Fulvic Acid:-1mls/1L
      Humic Acid:-1mls/1L (Always match Fulvic and Humic dosages)
      Mother Earth Bloom:-0.6mls/1L
      Voodoo juice:-1.0mls/1L (use in weeks 1+2 of bloom only)
      Tarantula:-0.3-0.6g/1L (use in weeks 1+2 of bloom only)
      Piranha:-0.3-0.6g/L (use in weeks 1+2 of bloom only)
      Bud Blood:-0.3g/1L (use in week 1 of bloom only)
      Scorpion juice: 10mls/1L (use in weeks 2, 4 & 6)

Week 1:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.0EC

Week 2:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.1EC

Week3:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.0EC,
      then top off with Big Bud until a reading of 1.2EC is reached.

Week4:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.0EC then top off with Big Bud until a reading of 1.3 is reached.

Week5:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.0e.c then top off with Big Bud until a reading of 1.4EC is reached.

Week6:-Add 2.5mls per litre of Overdrive, then top off with equal parts of Sensi Bloom A+B until a reading of 1.3EC is reached.

Week7:-Add 2.0mls per litre of Overdrive, then add equal parts of Sensi bloom A+B until a reading of 1.2EC is reached.

Week8:-Drain tank of all nutrient solution, flush pots/growing medium thouroughly with water at the correct ph. Refill the tank with fresh water, add 2.5mls per litre of Final Phase, set the ph and run system/water pots with this solution for 10 days. If using a recirculating system eg Drip, Flood and drain, DWC (bubbling buckets) etc make sure that you change this flush solution every 3 days during the 10 day period. This is because once the water has been running round the system for 2-3 days it picks up nutrients that are excreted from the plants roots, and then becomes a weak feed solution again, which is not ideal when trying to clear unwanted nutrients in the plant(s). By changing the solution every 3 days you are getting rid of these unwanted nutrients from the system, and forcing the plant to rid itself of excess.
      __________________________________________________ _____________
      Medium Feeding 1.6EC peak:-

Flower 1.2-1.8 EC

Flowering formula for 8 weeks using Sensi bloom A+B, Big bud and Overdrive.
      Notes: Throughout the bloom period from weeks 1-8, if you have some or all of the additives in the range use them as follows. I have kept the dosages the same throughout the bloom period for these additives purely to keep it simple for the end user.

Fulvic Acid:-1-2mls/1L
      Humic Acid:-1-2mls/1L (Always match Fulvic and Humic dosages)
      Mother Earth Bloom:-1mls/1L
      Voodoo juice:-1.5mls/1L (use in weeks 1+2 of bloom only)
      Bud Blood:-0.3-0.5g/1L (use in week 1 of bloom only)
      Scorpion juice: 10mls/1L (use in weeks 2, 4 & 6)

Week 1:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.2EC

Week 2:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.3EC

Week3:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.2EC,
      then top off with Big Bud until a reading of 1.4EC is reached.

Week4:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.1EC then top off with Big Bud until a reading of 1.5 is reached.

Week5:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.1e.c then top off with Big Bud until a reading of 1.6EC is reached.

Week6:-Add 2.5mls per litre of Overdrive, then top off with equal parts of Sensi Bloom A+B until a reading of 1.6EC is reached.

Week7:-Add 2.5mls per litre of Overdrive, then add equal parts of Sensi bloom A+B until a reading of 1.5EC is reached.

Week8:-Drain tank of all nutrient solution, flush pots/growing medium thouroughly with water at the correct ph. Refill the tank with fresh water, add 2.5mls per litre of Final Phase, set the ph and run system/water pots with this solution for 10 days. If using a recirculating system eg Drip, Flood and drain, DWC (bubbling buckets) etc make sure that you change this flush solution every 3 days during the 10 day period. This is because once the water has been running round the system for 2-3 days it picks up nutrients that are excreted from the plants roots, and then becomes a weak feed solution again, which is not ideal when trying to clear unwanted nutrients in the plant(s). By changing the solution every 3 days you are getting rid of these unwanted nutrients from the system, and forcing the plant to rid itself of excess.
      __________________________________________________ _____________
      Heavy Feeding 1.8EC:-

Flower 1.2-1.8 EC

Flowering formula for 8 weeks using Advanced Nutrients 2+ program.
      Notes:Throughout the bloom period from weeks 1-8, Use these additives as follows:

Fulvic Acid:-1-2mls/1L
      Humic Acid:-1-2mls/1L (Always match Fulvic and Humic dosages)
      Mother Earth Bloom:-1mls/1L
      Voodoo juice:-1.5mls/1L (use in weeks 1+2 of bloom only)
      Bud Blood:-0.3-0.5g/1L (use in week 1 of bloom only)

Week 1:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.2 EC

Week 2:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.3EC

Week3:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.2EC,
      then top off with Big Bud until a reading of 1.4 EC is reached.

Week4:-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.2EC then top off with Big Bud until a reading of 1.6EC is reached.

Week5(Peak strength):-Add equal parts of sensi bloom A+B to reach 1.3EC then top off with Big Bud until a reading of 1.8EC is reached.

Week6:-Add 3.0mls per litre of Overdrive, then top off with equal parts of Sensi Bloom A+B until a reading of 1.6EC is reached.

Week7:-Add 2.5mls per litre of Overdrive, then add equal parts of Sensi bloom A+B until a reading of 1.4EC is reached.

I hope these charts go some way to helping teach new growers the art of mixing nutrients correctly EC/PPM levels, and give an understanding of the plants nutritional needs during the bloom cycle.
      I do understand that some growers do take their EC/PPM level higher at peak than 1.8, but I have never yet had to do this using the advanced range of products, as the spectrum of nutrients is so correct. If anyone wants to use these guide and have a higher Target EC level at peak that is fine just increase the dosage of A+B base mix and/or Big bud, ensure that you do not exceed a maximun dosage of 0.6EC/300PPM of Big Bud in your mix. As a general rule you want 1/3 of the mix to be Big bud ( or Booster of some kind) and the other 2/3 to be base nutes A+B with additives.
      The Maximum EC/PPM value I would reccomend taking any plant is 2.1EC and you should never need to exceed this level of nutrients under normal circumstances.

Happy growing,

Peace Chronical
      Last edited by chronical; 13th June 2006 at 11:04 PM.
      Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

2. Thanks Wpg_breeder, GreenSpirit, medical_breeder, P420 thanked for this post

Thread Information