• Tired
  • Wtf
  • Also Wondering! Also Wondering!:  0
    Funny! Funny!:  0
    Sad Sad:  0
    Agree Agree:  0
    Amazing! Amazing!:  0
    Genius! Genius!:  0

Thread: Pest pictures and info thread...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      Lazy Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

User Info Menu

Default Pest pictures and info thread...

Hi folks, the idea of this thread is to basically build up a collection of pictures/macros of different pests that plague our cannabis crops.
      It will help new and newish growers to identify different pest species and how to deal with them.

Anybody can add pictures/infomation to this thread, and hopefully it will turn into a complete pest guide....

Here are my first submitals .

The first Pest shown are Thrips; and the second the dreaded Spidermite! The spidermite pics were taken from an infested leaf on a house plant (glad it was only a house plant).

There is a few different ways of treatment for both these pests 1) Spray every other day with an all round contact pesticide such as Pest off, Spidermite control (suitable for mites only), SB invigorator or any other pest treatment product approved for the pest and for FOOD CROP use. Concentrate on the undersides of the plant leaves, as this is the place where most common pests lurk (away from direct light) If you see a spray that states "For ornamental plantsd only" do not use such sprays on you cannabis crop, as they are not safe for consumption.
      2) You could also use the DUNKING method illustrated in my "Thrips in the mother room" thread to treat either of these pests, depending on the size/numbers of plants you have to treat.
      3) You can get natural predators of Spidermite and |Thrips, the Spider mite predatorory mite is called Photosues Persimilis, and come in small tubes of sawdust in the 1000's, you simply shake the contents evenly over the leaves of your crop or hang up litle boxes that you get with the predators at the tops ov the plants and empty the contents into the box. The predator's for the Thrips are called Embleseus (or somethin like that!) and come as a shaker bottle that you simply sprinkle over the top of your media and onto the plant foliage.
      4)Smoke bomb's are also commercially avalable, and are very effective at killing a lot of pests quickly in a large area. The only thing that a smoke bomb will not kill is the tough spidermite eggs,that are always present with mites as little clear/white dots on the undersides of the leaves sometimes nestling with web material near by. The bomb WILL wipe out pretty much any LIVING pest in the room, so if you have mite eggs about you should follow up with spraying sesions every 2 days until all the eggs have hatched and all the new mites eliminated.
      5)After succesful elimination of a pest from you grow room you should follow up with a preventative/repellent spray of Neem Oil. Neem Oil is a natural pest reppelent for pests ecspecially spider mites, and can be applied to the crop from cutting right up to the 3rd-4th week of flowering (after which point you should stop spraying). Evenly spray all the tops and undersides of the plant leaves until run off occours. I religiously spray with Neem Oil every sunday when I do a resevoir change for the crop, this just gives me piece of mind knowing that pests wont be happy in a room stinking of Neem!

Hope these pest treatment tips help somebody....

Peace Chronical
      Attached Images Attached Images
      Last edited by chronical; 4th February 2006 at 02:42 PM.
      Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

2. Thanks CaliRoll thanked for this post

Thread Information