At present I have some small plants growing up in my CFL mother room that were taken from the Chronic crop that I am growing at present. One lucky little plant out of the bunch will be selected to be the new stock plant for future mono crops SOG style....There is also a lone Starwarz plant that is also being vegged up to be a mommy.

Anyway I went to the room today to give them all a little feed/water only to notice small thin silvering trails sort of like scratches or scars on the leaf surface of some plants; straight away I thought Thrips......and it was. After turning over a couple of leaves I found the culpret there nestling away on the underside of the leaf. I quickly took a few shots of the offender and then got to work on a treatment.
Thrips from my experience don't do massive amounts of damage compared to other more "aggressive" pests such as Spidermite or Fungus Fly Larvae; but all the same the damage they leave behind is unsightly and plainly pisses you off.

The cure:-

There are many ways to skin a cat, and there are also many ways of killing Thrips but for a treatment this time I decided to try a new technique, one I have never tested before.
I always keep to hand 2 pest control products; and these are "Pest-off" made by Hydrogarden uk, and "Genius oil" made by Advanced Nutrients. Pest off is an all round insecticide that can control a wide variety of pests from mites to thrips rated at 15-25mls per litre.......Genius oil is basically Neem oil, which acts as an excellent reppelent towards insects, they just dont like the stuff.....it also has an added wetting agent which is useful for even distribution when foliar spraying..
I added the pest off to 1L of cold water at 20mls (slightly lower than the max stated dose), I then added 5mls/1L of Genius oil to the same mix and mixed the 2 well. Next I took each individual plant, turned it upside down and completly submerged it in the solution for 10-15 seconds swooshing it around at the same time! I did this for all the infected plants; instead of spraying them, as I believe that it is more effective because of the total coverage that you are getting to the affected foliage. I then lightly sprayed the top layer of the coco with the mix, just incase of any Thrips that may be lurking on the media's surface...
I will carry out a repeat spray/dunk in 2 days time, and then probably one more spray after that to be sure, and they should be no more! I suspect the are all prolley dead now to be fair, as they couldn't possibly survive/escape the DUNK!

This technique of Dunking plants in pest solution works for mites as well, but repeat dunking's will be needed as new eggs hatch, as no insecticide can kill the eggs dead...

I have got pictures for this thread but it seems the upload tool is'nt working, as I keep getting a "page can't be displayed" message. Will add them tommorow...

Peace Chronical ..................