Okay, before I make my suggestion, I have to admit that I'm just learning how to clone, actually. Just took my first round of cuts about 3-4 days ago now. I'm using a standard tray/insert with 7" humidity dome, bottom heated on LOW with an old heating pad (I never have to mist almost ), using rapid rooter cubes (in the UK, "root riot") with liquid/gel rooting hormone.

I have the majority of the cuts in rapid rooters, but a few in small prescription vials (block UV light from developing roots) just sitting in water with a tiny bit of rooting hormone in the solution...these are my "controls," as my one and only attempt before this (only one cut taken) using "Smokinrav's Simply Water-Clone Method" from the GrowFAQ was rooted successfully recently, so I KNOW that works

Unbelieveably almost, I took a cutting two days ago using this method, and it ALREADY has little tiny root-appendages (like 3 of them)...

Anyway, whatever works is whatever works, but I have an idea on how to improve the setup. I was thinking of using a scaled-down version of the 2L or one gallon DIY CO2 bottles I use for my closet grows (2-3 cups sugar per 2L of warm water, stir, add a teaspoon of baking soda, stir, then add about 1.5 packets (I believe it's about 2 tablespoonfuls) of baking yeast to the top, allowing it to remain on the surface to ferment CO2) in order to boost CO2 levels in the dome for the cuttings...maybe like a 16oz Solo cup with the sugar/yeast...

I mean Pistils says in his tutorial (know-it-all here rushed through the first half of the cuttings without reading the entire thing through first, they look fine though ) that he blows (exhales) into the "vent" or "hole" in the humidity dome in my case, so I figure this would be better than that...right?

-Steve