Soilless Mix - 60% perlite, 40% sphagnum peat moss. Drain to waste.

Milwaukee SM802 combo meter used for meaurements.
Calibrated to 1413 µs/cm - 1.4 EC - 14.1 CF
pH Calibrated at 4 and 7
Conversion Info for this particular unit

The reason I am making this thread is I am a little confused about the numbers I got when taking measurements this morning. Excuse my noobness, I just want to see if any veterans here find my numbers in the norm. I will try and provide as much info as possible. Just please let me know if you need anything else.

Mix #1

I started off with 1 gallon of RO water.
  • 0 ppm
  • pH 6.3

Added Flora Nova Bloom
  • 5 ml - gallon
  • pH dropped to 4.9
  • 920 ppm - 1.35 ec

This is what I get when I mix 5 ml of nova bloom to a gallon of water. Anything wrong with these numbers?

Added another 3.75 ml of bloom to the same mix and came out with a pH of 4.8 and 1580 ppm - 2.32 ec. BTW, this mix sat out over night in bubbles. Values never changed.

Mix #2 This might get a little confusing... added all supplements in this exact order! All of them are Botanicare also.. no Flora Nova in this mix.

I started off with 1 gallon of RO water.
  • 0 ppm
  • pH 6.3

added Hydroguard
  • 2.5 ml - gallon
  • pH stayed at 6.3
  • 0 ppm

added Silica Blast
  • 2.5 ml - gallon
  • pH jumped to 9.3???
  • 0 ppm

added more Silica Blast
  • 2.5 ml - gallon
  • pH jumped to 9.6
  • 20 ppm - 0.4 ec

added Sweet
  • 15 ml - gallon
  • pH went down to 8.2
  • 420 ppm - 0.62 ec

added Cal Mag +
  • 2.5 ml - gallon
  • pH went down to 8
  • 530 ppm - 0.78 ec

finally, Liquid Karma
  • 5 ml - gallon
  • pH went down to 7.5
  • FINAL PPM 600 - 0.88 ec

After adding these supplements in 1 gallon of 0 ppm/6.3pH water. My final numbers came to 600ppm - 0.88 ec and a pH of 7.5

Heres where my questions come in...

My plan is to do one watering with just the Flora Nova and the next watering with just the supplements. Does that sound good? As far as pH levels, should I get the pH to stablize at 5.9 before feeding? I really should test the runoff...

About the Silica Blast... why did it skyrocket my pH? Is it safe to use it in conjunction with the Flora Nova Bloom, in order to bring the pH up to an acceptable range?

Thanks again for any input =]