Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Smoke Report] ChemD bx3 by ISP

User Info Menu

Arrow [Smoke Report] ChemD bx3 by ISP

Hey everybody, sorry, havent been around much lately, been pretty busy with that life thing.
    Anyways, so we got some Chem D bx3, grown organically, 2 different phenos, but both very similar in taste, appearance, high, pretty much everything.
    The only difference is that pheno#1 came down around 10 1/2 wks, and #3 came down at 13 1/2 wks. both could of came down 2-3 wks earlier than they did, but we felt they needed to go longer, or had too much to trim at once, or both...

Here is a link to the grow thread. You can see more pics here and get more details about about the grow.

So my camera is on the fritz and I dont have any dry pics, but heres a few bud shots before the smoke report, of the buds while still living.

Ok, so on with the report....
    Im making this myself, so if I forget something, just post a question...
    ----------------------------------------

Strain: "Chem D bx3"

Breeder: ISP

Genetics: (Chem D x [Chem '91 x Afghani]) backcrossed to the Chem D cut 3 times.

# of beans attempted: 3
    # that germinated : 3
    # that came up: 3
    female to male ratio: 2:1 [2 females, 1 male]

Flowering time: pheno#1 went 10.5 wks, #3 went 13.5 weeks, both could of been taken down 2 weeks earlier if you wanted to, they were done. just not out priority to take down first, for several reasons. They were stable, not throwing nanners, and we wanted more of a narcotic stone to this strain.

Smell: Chemmy, Afghani/kush, earthy, sour
    Taste: Kushy/earthy, Chemmy, sour, Afghani/earthy/kush
    *Very good smell to taste transition.

Approximate S/I ratio: 35/65 -def indica dom, Id estimate about %65-70

Pungency: 7/10 - pretty strong smelling, but doesnt burn your nose, heh. decently pungent, but the nature of the terpene profile seems to fool you into thinking its not as pungent as it actually is, if that makes sense. I like it.
    It has a very pleasant taste and smell, and there is no 'green' harshness to it,. its a very smooth smoke with medium/average expansion.

Density: 6.5/10 - Can be squeezed some, if moist would squish some, and dry crushes some, but not light, decent amount of density, but bud structure allows for easily breaking up buds, if you want, for smoking.

Appearance: 8/10 - loaded with trichs, looks great, ive seen better, but this is very dank.

Effect: The high is not immediate onset or a creeper, it is just a regular average timed smoke if you will. It lasts about 2- 2.5 hrs id say. Its more of a body effect, but still good head high in there. Its good for anxiety, and pretty decent for pain. Great for hunger/nausea.

Overall Potency: 7.5/10

Growing easy to expert: not too hard to grow, Mg hound.

Keeper?: Yes, both could be, but i lost the one clone, and the one that is alive just happens to be the one i like more, is the more indica dom and earlier flowering pheno #1. I even plan on running more way before Id usually run a strain again that Ive already run, and have a keeper kept. I wanna se what other phenos are in here. Im told theres a '91 pheno.

All-around rating: 8/10 - if you like chem, indicas, or high yielding, easy to grow dank plants, this is for you. I would definitely reccomend this strain to anyone.
    -----

Well, hoped you all liked the report... Ill try to get a camera and get some dry pics up asap.
    Thanks for looking.

-peace
    Half-step
    Running: All OD's TLO:
    Salmon River OG, Super Silver Yo Mama, Lovin' Cup, Surf Dragon, both un-named but proven male and mothers: (ChemD/SSH x Goji OG), (Qush or 321 Kush x Goji OG), Chem 91 bx2, Queen of Hearts, Purple Mayhem, Honey Badger Haze, Killer Rose, Black Dog, un-named as of yet: {(Gooey mom x Dark Cross) x [(Kalishnapple x Pure Gooey) x Kona Sunset]}, High Volatge, Golden Child, ..multiple SSYM hybrids.

User Info Menu

Default Great job amigo!

Those girls looks really nice Half-step. Great job on keeping them nice and healthy throughout. We were hoping these would have a bit more potency for you. Hopefully they medicate well enough to bring you peace and rest.

Glad to see you're still doing your thing too. Hope those girls make a wonderful life additive for ya .

Thanks for sharing!
    "Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here. " - Tool

3. Thanks Half-step, Dogbite, Digger, SeymourKrelborn, whitey thanked for this post

User Info Menu

Half-Step.... Thanks for the feedback. Looks like overall, you got a good female to male ratio, they were easy to grow, and showed their stability by going beyond their normal harvest window without issue.
    We do recommend the 56-70 harvest window, for best overall effect. IMHO 63 to 65 days is the sweet spot. If you run more, you will find that more 91 dominant pheno, which yields less, but packs wicked potency.
    Live, Love, Grow & Share....

User Info Menu

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by damyankee View Post
    Those girls looks really nice Half-step. Great job on keeping them nice and healthy throughout. We were hoping these would have a bit more potency for you. Hopefully they medicate well enough to bring you peace and rest.

Glad to see you're still doing your thing too. Hope those girls make a wonderful life additive for ya .

Thanks for sharing!
    OK, heres the thing, and I know you've all heard Gooey say this before. Its hard to jusge potency when you'r constantly smoking all the time and all differnet strains.
    It was quite a drought before this harvest and my tolerance was down, but now its sky-f'ing-high, and I cant judge something and give it a really high rating unless it really knows me on my ass or makes me feel like a teenager smoking for the first time. You kinda get it.

Sorry.

A more fair rating, prolly to most others would be at least an 8. When I test something, or judge it, I dont consider myself harsh, but definitely as honest as I can be, otherwise its not good information and lessens the quality of this knowledge base. So I always make sure Im scrutinous and critical, yet not overly, but enough to fairly give a rating on something, and nobody is gonna try it and say I was kissing ass to the breeder, as I believe anyone else would rate it the same or higher. My tolerance is crazy high right now, and makes it hard to judge, and Im trying to remember when I first smoked the strain, and my tolerance wanst as high yet, what it was like then, and using that to judge from also. Smells and whatnot are all current though. This one stayed the same throughout flower and cure with like the same smell almost, the whole time.

As Old_Dawg said, this is a very stable strain. very. I didnt get a single nanner weeks after optimal harvest windows, and also they were very similar smokes. #3 almost had a diesel undertone too it, a little sourness, its good.

-Hope I cleared that up a litttle, nd ill try to get some dry pics taken asap.

-peace
    hs
    Salmon River OG, Super Silver Yo Mama, Lovin' Cup, Surf Dragon, both un-named but proven male and mothers: (ChemD/SSH x Goji OG), (Qush or 321 Kush x Goji OG), Chem 91 bx2, Queen of Hearts, Purple Mayhem, Honey Badger Haze, Killer Rose, Black Dog, un-named as of yet: {(Gooey mom x Dark Cross) x [(Kalishnapple x Pure Gooey) x Kona Sunset]}, High Volatge, Golden Child, ..multiple SSYM hybrids.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Half-step View Post
    OK, heres the thing, and I know you've all heard Gooey say this before. Its hard to jusge potency when you'r constantly smoking all the time and all differnet strains.
    It was quite a drought before this harvest and my tolerance was down, but now its sky-f'ing-high, and I cant judge something and give it a really high rating unless it really knows me on my ass or makes me feel like a teenager smoking for the first time. You kinda get it.

Sorry.
    . . . .

A more fair rating, prolly to most others would be at least an 8.
    -Hope I cleared that up a litttle, nd ill try to get some dry pics taken asap.

-peace
    hs
    Hey ya Half-step,

We appreciate your thoughtful response and hope I didn't put ya on the defensive or anything with my comment. I dunno man. I was thinking about what you wrote a bit and I'm thinking it's more accurate, reflective, and helpful for folks like us (heavy/daily med users) to hear your thoughts about potency when your tolerance is sky high.

Since, when given the choice and/or when blessed with bounitful harvests, many of us will be medicating daily/PRN it's more meaningful to hear about potency when the person reporting also is reflecting a high tolerance level. Apples to apples kinda thing, heh heh.

I know these reports are completely subjective, but it's that subjectivity that is of interest to me. How does it make YOU feel? How well does it alleviate YOUR symptoms? Is it a keeper for YOU? If your baseline reporting is not reflecting how high you usually are on a given day then wouldn't your numbers be higher (pun intended, heh heh) than they would "normally" be? I mean, if I take a break for a while or, god forbid, run out, I'm probably gonna be really high whatever I medicate with the first time after the fast. Also, if you're a med user and you have changes to your prescription meds, treatment regimens, etc, that would also be helpful to note to more accurately reflect how well the strain works for you.

We always love reading your smoke reports and we know you have med issues too unfortunately. Sucks man. But knowing that we especially look forward to your work and reports everything because you come from a good place, with good intentions, and it's really helpful . . . we love ya for being you mi hermano
    "Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here. " - Tool

7. Thanks Half-step, Yeoman, sadhu, Digger, whitey thanked for this post

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

Half-step, Thank you for your feedback.

I believe any strain smoked by a daily smoker will not have the effect on that smoker, that it does on the occasional smoker. Many things factor in and are not limited to: set and setting, frequency of use, individual body chemistry, was the strain harvested it's peak, etc.

I think you might get a better result if you harvest in the 60 to 70 day window next time. We appreciate you taking the time to post such a detailed thread. The majority of the credit goes to Ohsogreen, who spent years refining this strain. He's who you are quoting above, reference it's stability.

The important thing I think most people will take away from this thread is, you think enough of Chem D bx3 to grow it again. IME few strains out there today, earn that compliment. Again, thank you.
    If a law is not based in fact, it can't be administered justly under any circumstances. Push Congress to reschedule Marijuana, only then, can we move forward.

User Info Menu

Really well done report Half-step. And the pics are O so enticing, great job bro. Enjoy that stickyIcky.
    I Hate to see ya go, butt love to watch you leave.
    JerseyJack

10. Thanks Half-step, Yeoman, Digger, SeymourKrelborn, whitey thanked for this post

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

Old Dawg: you're very welcome man, and props for giving credit where its due to Ohso on the stabilization of this line. You obviuosly could of took just as much credit, at least in most people's eyes.
    Also, really appreciate the tip on the FACT that these are magnesium houds, and I threw some extra epsom salt and trace elements in one of the last feedings to compensate, and noticed positive results, They would of been even better if I'd done it the feeding before also, but its all good. Since all my plants went weeks longer than originally planned, they got flushed for weeks longer, as in all of them were flushed for around a month, heh, which was pretty nice, as you could imagine.

Thanks again for the compliments, everyone.

*Also, I got my camera working, havent taken the dry pics yet, but tomorrow nefore i start working, Im gona take dry pics of eveything I have left, although theres a few plants and phenos quite depleted, I still got all my big buds left at least on most everything. So ill put up some dry pics asap, prolly on a new thread and here, as by the time its done, this report will have been knocked down quite a bit and everyone interested will alredy think they saw all there is to see, so I think a new thread with dry pics, in this case, would be a good idea.

-peace
    Half-step
    Last edited by Half-step; 2nd March 2013 at 02:55 AM.

12. Thanks Yeoman, sadhu, Old_Dawg, Digger, SeymourKrelborn, whitey thanked for this post

User Info Menu

Very nice smoke report @Half-Step, did you say you created that template? May I use it? It's the best I've seen. Has everything you need to know and nothing you don't, and the format it is nice to read. It definitely shows how much thought and work you put into your report.

I liked how you noted the translation from smell to taste, and gave honest, impartial scores while letting us know what kind of smoke you're looking for. Always good to hear the high-tolerance perspective hehe..

What a fine looking strain!

14. Thanks sadhu, snodome, Half-step, Digger, SeymourKrelborn, whitey thanked for this post

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    Very nice smoke report @Half-Step, did you say you created that template? May I use it? It's the best I've seen. Has everything you need to know and nothing you don't, and the format it is nice to read. It definitely shows how much thought and work you put into your report.

I liked how you noted the translation from smell to taste, and gave honest, impartial scores while letting us know what kind of smoke you're looking for. Always good to hear the high-tolerance perspective hehe..

What a fine looking strain!
    Thanks for the compliment, and yeah, I forgot where the actual template the site provides is, plus, imo, theres a few things missing, so yeah, I just kind made it up as I went along. I wouldn't call it a template per se, more of a format, but anyone is more than welcome to format their report similar or the same, whatever. of course. Im absolutely about being thorough. I just wish i could of added a poll.

-peace
    hs

16. Thanks Digger, SeymourKrelborn, whitey thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information