Greetings to all!

It is a pleasure to be part of this community. I find the forums to be a very interesting and informative place to be at. First of off would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the vast information, and the entertainment thru out the forums. I do feel selfish though, my first post, this one, will be requesting some assistance with a problem I have had for quite some time now.

I have a aero cloner and DWC set up. But my problem resides with a early mistake with lighting. Before I bought my HID and MH lights, I went to Home Depot and bought 6 flourescant lights, each 75W. They are not the tube floros, but the screw in ones, excuse the simple terms, dont know the correct term for it.

Now when I got home, all happy to hook up the lights, the lights dont fit into regular housing for lights as I thought it would. I thought to myself no problem, just take of the base and do manual wiring. So I tried with one, and nothing happen, no light out put. I read thru lighting information thru out the site, and I believe they need some sort of ballast.

The issue here is, I think I found the ballast at home depot, but they are expensive, more than the lights itself put together and then some.

I was wondering if someone could please assist me in building my own ballast, this would be greatly appreciated, and would save me money, from previous experience building is always cheaper.

What do I need to have these lights turn on, and if the ballast is it, can someone point me in the right direction as to how to build it...

Thank you all for time, and consideration in this matter.