Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      Lazy Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

User Info Menu

Default Clay Pebble Drip: 6XBubblegum

Right folks as some of you may remember I did have 12 mixed plants in this room with which I was going to SCROG.......I changed my mind, 4 of the clones that I were using were very stressed and had been infected with Fungus Gnat Larvae, which was retarding their growth.. So I decided to keep the best 5 plants to flower in my other smaller room, throw away the bad plants with no vigor and re-plant the room with new stock.

I decided to have a change from the usual media that i use and try a cycle with clay pebble media instead, still fed via a drip system on a re-circ,but with a timed drip in Veg and a constant drip in flower after a good rootball is established.
      The timing for the drippers in Veg is 15minutes flood and 30 minutes OFF time. Using this wet and dry cycle technique encourages the plants roots to grow out further into the media; during the OFF cycle roots will activly search for new moisture/nutrients thus creating a large surface area for uptake. In flower they rarely produce roots after week2-3 so a constant drip can be used to supply nutrients......

The room is running with all the mods that I have installed (see "Cultivation/Equipment and My new toys") and has just been planted. The stock that I am using for this crop is VERY healthy and consists of 3x White Russian and 6x Bubblegum both from Serious Seeds (if ya like the look of em they are avalable at www.cannaseur.co.uk ).

The 3 Russians were in small pots of coco coir when they were given to me so when I re-potted them into the clay pebbles Imade a bucket of tepid water up added B52 (as a B vitamin supplement good for transplanting plants) and set the ph to 5.8. Then I simply slid out the small rootball and submerged it into the bucket of solution slowley swoshing it around until the majority of the coir was washed off and I had a mass of white roots showing. I then simply placed the plants into the pebbles and filled it over.....They didn't seem to suffer any shock whatsoever as the next day the were standing up pert again reaching for the light!!
      The Bubblegum's came in 1" root riot cubes (rapid rooters) so were a pleasure to pot up!

Anyway here are the pics, hope ya all like em, I'll post more as they progress into the cycle......I will also be able to see the growth difference between Clay Pebbles and Coco Coir/Perlite mix, having one of each medium in my 2 rooms.

For a closer look at my chamber and the specs/epuipment used check out my enviroment thread :https://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=923

Peace All Chronical
      Attached Images Attached Images
      Last edited by chronical; 13th March 2006 at 09:16 AM.
      Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

2. Thanks GreenSpirit, crazydip thanked for this post

Thread Information