heads versus feds indeed!!!

On the topic of a "cannabis revolution," America's constitution provides many outlets for these draconian laws to be amended, but each one has been sealed off using various corrupt and sundry practices.

Change can occur either in the courts, with the FDA, or with the people......

the courts keep dodging the issue of medical cannabis (see Ashcroft vs. Raich)......congress only has the power to regulate interstate commerce so Raich basically appealed to the court and said, "if I grow a plant in my home and consume it in my home, then congress does not have the power to pass laws against my medicine." The high court ruled against her and cited the FDA's belief that cannabis has "no medical use." The court passed the buck to the FDA and told Raich that change must start with the FDA.....

So now we arrive at the topic of the FDA.....despite overwhelming evidence and 8000 years of recorded medicinal use (oldest records are in Chinese medicine scrolls) and zero fatalities plus very few side effects, the FDA continues to believe that Cannabis should be schedule I.....a drug with no medicinal value (same as heroin or LSD).......Researchers cannot even obtain a legal supply from the FDA in order to prove its medicinal value. The FDA controlls the only legal supply of the plant which is grown at the U of Mississippi Oxford.......So the FDA is on lockdown too!!!

This brings us to our third possible outlet for change: the people......The people have a constitutional right to "petition the government for redress of grievances" and the dozen or so states which have passed medical cannabis laws are an example of this. An overwhelming majority of people in the US believe that sick people should have safe access to medicinal Cannabis. Even though the federal government (and various other groups) have raised millions of dollars to try and defeat these medical cannabis laws at the state level, around a dozen or so states have still managed to pass these laws. However, the Supreme Court has ruled that these state laws are still subject to federal prosecution so really noone is truly safe and medicinal dispensaries must provide a much-needed medicine at GREAT RISK of imprisonment, loss of property, and ruinance of reputation.....

So there you have it......

Cannabis keeps getting thrown around this triangle of insanity......The Court, The FDA, and The People are the 3 points of this triangle......the people who suffer the most are those who use for medicinal purposes, and that is the most terrible thing of all.....

let me close with my signature:

guineapig