Go Back   BreedBay > The Grow Show > Strain Specific showcase > Smoke Reports
Register FlashChat FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read vBExperience

Notices

Smoke Reports Strain Evaluation -Smoke Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2013   #1 (permalink)
Half-step

Thanked 15,480 Times in 3,111 Posts
Half-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow [Smoke Report] ChemD bx3 by ISP

Hey everybody, sorry, havent been around much lately, been pretty busy with that life thing.
Anyways, so we got some Chem D bx3, grown organically, 2 different phenos, but both very similar in taste, appearance, high, pretty much everything.
The only difference is that pheno#1 came down around 10 1/2 wks, and #3 came down at 13 1/2 wks. both could of came down 2-3 wks earlier than they did, but we felt they needed to go longer, or had too much to trim at once, or both...

Here is a link to the grow thread. You can see more pics here and get more details about about the grow.

So my camera is on the fritz and I dont have any dry pics, but heres a few bud shots before the smoke report, of the buds while still living.

Ok, so on with the report....
Im making this myself, so if I forget something, just post a question...
----------------------------------------

Strain: "Chem D bx3"

Breeder: ISP

Genetics: (Chem D x [Chem '91 x Afghani]) backcrossed to the Chem D cut 3 times.

# of beans attempted: 3
# that germinated : 3
# that came up: 3
female to male ratio: 2:1 [2 females, 1 male]

Flowering time: pheno#1 went 10.5 wks, #3 went 13.5 weeks, both could of been taken down 2 weeks earlier if you wanted to, they were done. just not out priority to take down first, for several reasons. They were stable, not throwing nanners, and we wanted more of a narcotic stone to this strain.

Smell: Chemmy, Afghani/kush, earthy, sour
Taste: Kushy/earthy, Chemmy, sour, Afghani/earthy/kush
*Very good smell to taste transition.

Approximate S/I ratio: 35/65 -def indica dom, Id estimate about %65-70

Pungency: 7/10 - pretty strong smelling, but doesnt burn your nose, heh. decently pungent, but the nature of the terpene profile seems to fool you into thinking its not as pungent as it actually is, if that makes sense. I like it.
It has a very pleasant taste and smell, and there is no 'green' harshness to it,. its a very smooth smoke with medium/average expansion.

Density: 6.5/10 - Can be squeezed some, if moist would squish some, and dry crushes some, but not light, decent amount of density, but bud structure allows for easily breaking up buds, if you want, for smoking.

Appearance: 8/10 - loaded with trichs, looks great, ive seen better, but this is very dank.

Effect: The high is not immediate onset or a creeper, it is just a regular average timed smoke if you will. It lasts about 2- 2.5 hrs id say. Its more of a body effect, but still good head high in there. Its good for anxiety, and pretty decent for pain. Great for hunger/nausea.

Overall Potency: 7.5/10

Growing easy to expert: not too hard to grow, Mg hound.

Keeper?: Yes, both could be, but i lost the one clone, and the one that is alive just happens to be the one i like more, is the more indica dom and earlier flowering pheno #1. I even plan on running more way before Id usually run a strain again that Ive already run, and have a keeper kept. I wanna se what other phenos are in here. Im told theres a '91 pheno.

All-around rating: 8/10 - if you like chem, indicas, or high yielding, easy to grow dank plants, this is for you. I would definitely reccomend this strain to anyone.
-----

Well, hoped you all liked the report... Ill try to get a camera and get some dry pics up asap.
Thanks for looking.

-peace
Half-step

%100 TLO always
Points: 6,205, Level: 51 Points: 6,205, Level: 51 Points: 6,205, Level: 51
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Half-step is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Half-step For This Useful Post:
420benny (27th February 2013), 420MAN1978 (28th February 2013), Apache (27th February 2013), Boston George (27th February 2013), Breeder (27th February 2013), budboy (27th February 2013), CrimsonCal (27th February 2013), damyankee (27th February 2013), Digger (27th February 2013), DMGP (4 Weeks Ago), Doc_d (19th January 2014), Dogbite (28th February 2013), dormant account.. (15th July 2014), GorDonGekko (27th February 2013), Greenblood (27th February 2013), HeadstasH (27th February 2013), hilop (27th February 2013), Infiniteskillzz (27th February 2013), Irish (27th February 2013), JerseyJack (28th February 2013), kindmind95 (24th November 2014), n2batpoo (3rd March 2013), Ohsogreen (27th February 2013), Old_Dawg (28th February 2013), sadhu (27th February 2013), SeymourKrelborn (11th June 2014), smknallday (27th February 2013), stonedcold (2nd April 2014), swampthing (4th March 2013), sweetcheeba420 (27th February 2013), whitey (20th November 2014), Yeoman (3rd March 2013)
Old 27th February 2013   #2 (permalink)
damyankee

Thanked 4,923 Times in 799 Posts
damyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great job amigo!

Those girls looks really nice Half-step. Great job on keeping them nice and healthy throughout. We were hoping these would have a bit more potency for you. Hopefully they medicate well enough to bring you peace and rest.

Glad to see you're still doing your thing too. Hope those girls make a wonderful life additive for ya .

Thanks for sharing!
damyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to damyankee For This Useful Post:
Digger (31st March 2014), Dogbite (28th February 2013), Half-step (28th February 2013), SeymourKrelborn (11th June 2014), whitey (20th November 2014)
Old 27th February 2013   #3 (permalink)
Ohsogreen

Thanked 6,512 Times in 1,219 Posts
Ohsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond repute

Half-Step.... Thanks for the feedback. Looks like overall, you got a good female to male ratio, they were easy to grow, and showed their stability by going beyond their normal harvest window without issue.
We do recommend the 56-70 harvest window, for best overall effect. IMHO 63 to 65 days is the sweet spot. If you run more, you will find that more 91 dominant pheno, which yields less, but packs wicked potency.
Ohsogreen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ohsogreen For This Useful Post:
Apache (27th February 2013), Boston George (27th February 2013), damyankee (28th February 2013), Digger (31st March 2014), Dogbite (28th February 2013), Greenblood (27th February 2013), Half-step (28th February 2013), sadhu (3rd March 2013), SeymourKrelborn (11th June 2014), stonedcold (2nd April 2014), whitey (20th November 2014), williejr (8th March 2013), Yeoman (3rd March 2013)
Old 28th February 2013   #4 (permalink)
JerseyJack

JerseyJack is a splendid one to beholdJerseyJack is a splendid one to beholdJerseyJack is a splendid one to beholdJerseyJack is a splendid one to beholdJerseyJack is a splendid one to beholdJerseyJack is a splendid one to beholdJerseyJack is a splendid one to behold

Really well done report Half-step. And the pics are O so enticing, great job bro. Enjoy that stickyIcky.
Points: 919, Level: 16 Points: 919, Level: 16 Points: 919, Level: 16
JerseyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JerseyJack For This Useful Post:
Digger (31st March 2014), Half-step (1st March 2013), SeymourKrelborn (11th June 2014), whitey (20th November 2014), Yeoman (3rd March 2013)
Old 2nd March 2013   #5 (permalink)
Half-step

Half-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond reputeHalf-step has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Old Dawg: you're very welcome man, and props for giving credit where its due to Ohso on the stabilization of this line. You obviuosly could of took just as much credit, at least in most people's eyes.
Also, really appreciate the tip on the FACT that these are magnesium houds, and I threw some extra epsom salt and trace elements in one of the last feedings to compensate, and noticed positive results, They would of been even better if I'd done it the feeding before also, but its all good. Since all my plants went weeks longer than originally planned, they got flushed for weeks longer, as in all of them were flushed for around a month, heh, which was pretty nice, as you could imagine.

Thanks again for the compliments, everyone.

*Also, I got my camera working, havent taken the dry pics yet, but tomorrow nefore i start working, Im gona take dry pics of eveything I have left, although theres a few plants and phenos quite depleted, I still got all my big buds left at least on most everything. So ill put up some dry pics asap, prolly on a new thread and here, as by the time its done, this report will have been knocked down quite a bit and everyone interested will alredy think they saw all there is to see, so I think a new thread with dry pics, in this case, would be a good idea.

-peace
Half-step

%100 TLO always

Last edited by Half-step; 2nd March 2013 at 03:55 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Half-step For This Useful Post:
Digger (31st March 2014), Old_Dawg (4th March 2013), sadhu (3rd March 2013), SeymourKrelborn (11th June 2014), whitey (20th November 2014), Yeoman (3rd March 2013)
Old 3rd March 2013   #6 (permalink)
Yeoman

Yeoman is on a distinguished road

Very nice smoke report @Half-Step, did you say you created that template? May I use it? It's the best I've seen. Has everything you need to know and nothing you don't, and the format it is nice to read. It definitely shows how much thought and work you put into your report.

I liked how you noted the translation from smell to taste, and gave honest, impartial scores while letting us know what kind of smoke you're looking for. Always good to hear the high-tolerance perspective hehe..

What a fine looking strain!
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Yeoman For This Useful Post:
Digger (31st March 2014), Half-step (3rd March 2013), sadhu (3rd March 2013), SeymourKrelborn (11th June 2014), snodome (3rd March 2013), whitey (20th November 2014)
Old 3rd March 2013   #7 (permalink)
Half-step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
Very nice smoke report @Half-Step, did you say you created that template? May I use it? It's the best I've seen. Has everything you need to know and nothing you don't, and the format it is nice to read. It definitely shows how much thought and work you put into your report.

I liked how you noted the translation from smell to taste, and gave honest, impartial scores while letting us know what kind of smoke you're looking for. Always good to hear the high-tolerance perspective hehe..

What a fine looking strain!
Thanks for the compliment, and yeah, I forgot where the actual template the site provides is, plus, imo, theres a few things missing, so yeah, I just kind made it up as I went along. I wouldn't call it a template per se, more of a format, but anyone is more than welcome to format their report similar or the same, whatever. of course. Im absolutely about being thorough. I just wish i could of added a poll.

-peace
hs

%100 TLO always
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Half-step For This Useful Post:
Digger (31st March 2014), SeymourKrelborn (11th June 2014), whitey (20th November 2014)
Old 4th March 2013   #8 (permalink)
Half-step

Default Update:

Update:

pheno#3, the one that went longer, and the one I lost the only cut of, is starting to take on some diesel undertones. Definitely sour-like, and acrid almost getting to fuely.

tasty. wish i had more. have to ration.

-peace
hs

%100 TLO always
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Half-step For This Useful Post:
Digger (31st March 2014), Ohsogreen (7th March 2013), SeymourKrelborn (11th June 2014), whitey (20th November 2014)
Old 4th March 2013   #9 (permalink)
Old_Dawg

Old_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeOld_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeOld_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeOld_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeOld_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeOld_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeOld_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeOld_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeOld_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeOld_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeOld_Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-step View Post
Old Dawg: you're very welcome man, and props for giving credit where its due to Ohso on the stabilization of this line. You obviuosly could of took just as much credit, at least in most people's eyes.
Also, really appreciate the tip on the FACT that these are magnesium houds, and I threw some extra epsom salt and trace elements in one of the last feedings to compensate, and noticed positive results, They would of been even better if I'd done it the feeding before also, but its all good. Since all my plants went weeks longer than originally planned, they got flushed for weeks longer, as in all of them were flushed for around a month, heh, which was pretty nice, as you could imagine.

Thanks again for the compliments, everyone.

*Also, I got my camera working, havent taken the dry pics yet, but tomorrow nefore i start working, Im gona take dry pics of eveything I have left, although theres a few plants and phenos quite depleted, I still got all my big buds left at least on most everything. So ill put up some dry pics asap, prolly on a new thread and here, as by the time its done, this report will have been knocked down quite a bit and everyone interested will alredy think they saw all there is to see, so I think a new thread with dry pics, in this case, would be a good idea.

-peace
Half-step
Half-step, This was his baby starting in the early 90's, and though I have helped with some selection, and a good amount of testing, it's mostly his work. I wouldn't tell it any other way.

Yes IME most Chem's benefit from magnesium throughout their life. Cal-mag weekly in veg and half way through flowering, and then less calcium, and more magnesium that last half of flowering (epsom salt, the poor man's bud candy, works great). It really does make a difference come harvest time.

I caught myself looking over your pics again, and I must say you did them justice. That sour flavor easing through comes from the 91. I figured you'd start to taste it soon, since you said you gave them a extra long flush. IMHO the smoke only gets better as the weeks go by. Enjoy
Old_Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Old_Dawg For This Useful Post:
Apache (8th March 2013), Digger (31st March 2014), Greenblood (4th March 2013), Half-step (13th February 2017), Ohsogreen (7th March 2013), SeymourKrelborn (11th June 2014), swampthing (4th March 2013), whitey (20th November 2014)
Old 7th March 2013   #10 (permalink)
Ohsogreen

Thanked 6,512 Times in 1,219 Posts
Ohsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond reputeOhsogreen has a reputation beyond repute

Half-Step.... I'm glad you got a pheno with some of that wonderful Chem 91 flavor.
Thanks for the report (with such nice pics) and the update....
Ohsogreen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ohsogreen For This Useful Post:
Digger (31st March 2014), Half-step (13th February 2017), SeymourKrelborn (11th June 2014), whitey (20th November 2014)