Forum Home Dankster Gallery Seed Auction
Go Back   BreedBay > The Grow Show > The Great Outdoors
Register FlashChat FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read vBExperience

Notices

The Great Outdoors guerilla or controlled outdoor growers section.

LinkBack (6) Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th April 2007   6 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
TheNewGuy

Thanked 6,704 Times in 1,795 Posts
TheNewGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewGuy has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Outdoor Camouflage Plants (Weed Look Alikes)

It's getting that time of the year again, and I figured I would donate a tip for outdoor camouflage.

Cleome
a cleome or spider plant is great to grow along side cannabis and is very easy to grow. It flowers for a long time and can withstand droughts with ease. This plant also resembles cannabis yet it keeps it's look distinct enough in it's flowers that it cannot be mistaken as cannabis from a distance (such as a helicopter). That should keep the intolerant from knocking on your door.

Propagation: Sow after the last frost when the ground is warm. Cleomes may also be started indoors four to six weeks earlier at a temperature of at least 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Germination time is 10 to 14 days. In the garden, it reseeds prolifically and should be thinned

Lupins
Lupins are an annual plant reaching heights of 2-3 feet tall. They are a beautiful speared flower that slightly resembles the foxtail buds that cannabis creates and has a similar leaf shape without the jagged edges. This flower tends to make cannabis look like a an underdeveloped lupin from a distance. Lupins also have 5-17 leaves on a single cluster, this also helps with distant viewing.

This next one I have used quite a few times with success but I feel it is my responsibility to say that this plant contains a chemical called
ricin, a poison, which is present in lower concentrations throughout the plant. Although the highly toxic (Ricinus communis) is well recognized, reports of human toxicity in the English medical literature are scarce. I figured I should post this first just in case someone has pets or god forbid a child anywhere near the plants.

Castor Bean
An annual that grows from beautiful seeds...
is a great camouflage plant as it grows big and tall like a tree, with big beautiful flowers on top that also make sure eyes in the skies know it's not cannabis. Big wide leaves helps blend the cannabis in with these plants, is available in red & pinkstes, purple & red leaves and has similar colored flowers. If you can, plant these around the boarders as much as possible to avoid any possible contact with your budding flowers. The cleome is better for mixing in the middle of a patch.

The horse chestnut tree

Echium fastuosum
Pride of Madeira (Echium candicans; syn. Echium fastuosum J.Jacq. [1]) is a large biennial or more commonly perennial members of the Echium genus. It is endemic to the island of Madeira but is widely distributed throughout the world as an ornamental and garden plant. In New Zealand it is a common garden escape onto road-side verges and shingle banks in northern South Island (and probably elsewhere).
In the first year after germination the plant produces a broad rosette of leaves. In the second and subsequent years more or less woody flowering stalks are produces clothed in rough leaves. The flower head is large and covered with blue flowers having red stamens. The flowers are much visited by honey bees and the honey from such visits is prized for its flavour.

Anyone else have any plants that help camouflage cannabis??? I would love to hear your input.

Cherry x Blueberry
Grapefruit Skunk
Silver Blue
BHO w/TheNewGuy
Points: 6,566, Level: 53 Points: 6,566, Level: 53 Points: 6,566, Level: 53
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Last edited by TheNewGuy; 24th June 2009 at 11:26 AM.
TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheNewGuy For This Useful Post:
Eladimari (24th June 2009), hakkums (24th June 2009), huxley (12th February 2010), munzy (27th June 2009), sqounk (23rd January 2009), Supernatural (24th January 2009)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/great-outdoors/7322-outdoor-camouflage-plants-weed-look-alikes.html
Posted By For Type Date
Internet websites you ought to go to This thread Trackback 11th August 2013 08:57 PM
You'll want to verify this out This thread Trackback 5th August 2013 04:55 PM
Worldwide Website traffic Device evaluate This thread Trackback 10th July 2013 07:16 AM
Magnificent blog This thread Trackback 16th March 2013 02:34 AM
Top Pictures - large leaf outdoor plants This thread Refback 5th June 2012 11:37 PM
plants - E - Echium - Page 8 This thread Refback 7th July 2011 03:21 AM