Forum Home Dankster Gallery Seed Auction
Go Back   BreedBay > Breedbay Newbies > Breedbay Grow Guides
Register FlashChat FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read vBExperience

Notices

Breedbay Grow Guides A "one stop" location to access all of Breedbay's finest grow guides, how-to's and tutorials.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th May 2008   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
subcool
Banned

Thanked 16,629 Times in 2,053 Posts
subcool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seed starting 101

I feel silly telling people on a site of this caliber how to start seeds but youd be surprized at the veteran growers that have problems.
Tip 1
Do not use a fucking heat mat to start seeds!
I have seen more quality genetics cooked this way than I can tell you.

Cannabis is a weed and the seeds will start if viable in almost any condition, want me to prove it.
These are seeds I deemed un worthy that were blown out of my sifting pan on to rocks under my BBQ grill our average temps are like 50 currently!

So this is how I feel is the best way to start seeds.

Wash hands well with disinfectant soap

Place seeds in Rapid Rooters with the Point up and button end down.
Water

Place in Dome
Leave alone till they sprout

Its really not more complex than that. The light from your flo is plenty energy to crack seeds.

I lived in Winnepeg and didn't use a heat mat to start seeds or root clones and thats the coldest place I hope anyone lives.

Ok so were clear no heating pads under seeds right?

This is not an insult to anyone that has cooked seeds and its in plenty of books to use a mat. Grow shops recommend them etc,
I just feel strongly they cause problems.

Sub
subcool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to subcool For This Useful Post:
4da2nk0 (27th March 2009), BigSexy (2nd February 2009), Bucket Head (11th December 2011), budda (14th May 2011), cofgreen (20th May 2014), Digger (11th July 2012), Eladimari (9th February 2009), Finlad08 (4th March 2009), lostislandfound (12th November 2009), MauiShadow (20th February 2013), Nwtreez111 (10th January 2010), thaddeus_clyde (25th November 2012), trichome24 (11th November 2009), whalebones (11th January 2010), WindySmoke (14th December 2012)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/breedbay-grow-guides/201341795-seed-starting-101-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
Help Me Choose My Next TGA Genetic - Page 3 This thread Pingback 19th October 2012 05:22 PM