View Single Post
Old 28th February 2013   #17 (permalink)
damyankee

Thanked 4,924 Times in 799 Posts
damyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond reputedamyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-step View Post
OK, heres the thing, and I know you've all heard Gooey say this before. Its hard to jusge potency when you'r constantly smoking all the time and all differnet strains.
It was quite a drought before this harvest and my tolerance was down, but now its sky-f'ing-high, and I cant judge something and give it a really high rating unless it really knows me on my ass or makes me feel like a teenager smoking for the first time. You kinda get it.

Sorry.
. . . .

A more fair rating, prolly to most others would be at least an 8.
-Hope I cleared that up a litttle, nd ill try to get some dry pics taken asap.

-peace
hs
Hey ya Half-step,

We appreciate your thoughtful response and hope I didn't put ya on the defensive or anything with my comment. I dunno man. I was thinking about what you wrote a bit and I'm thinking it's more accurate, reflective, and helpful for folks like us (heavy/daily med users) to hear your thoughts about potency when your tolerance is sky high.

Since, when given the choice and/or when blessed with bounitful harvests, many of us will be medicating daily/PRN it's more meaningful to hear about potency when the person reporting also is reflecting a high tolerance level. Apples to apples kinda thing, heh heh.

I know these reports are completely subjective, but it's that subjectivity that is of interest to me. How does it make YOU feel? How well does it alleviate YOUR symptoms? Is it a keeper for YOU? If your baseline reporting is not reflecting how high you usually are on a given day then wouldn't your numbers be higher (pun intended, heh heh) than they would "normally" be? I mean, if I take a break for a while or, god forbid, run out, I'm probably gonna be really high whatever I medicate with the first time after the fast. Also, if you're a med user and you have changes to your prescription meds, treatment regimens, etc, that would also be helpful to note to more accurately reflect how well the strain works for you.

We always love reading your smoke reports and we know you have med issues too unfortunately. Sucks man. But knowing that we especially look forward to your work and reports everything because you come from a good place, with good intentions, and it's really helpful . . . we love ya for being you mi hermano
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
damyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to damyankee For This Useful Post:
Digger (31st March 2014), Half-step (28th February 2013), sadhu (3rd March 2013), whitey (20th November 2014), Yeoman (3rd March 2013)